Pope Francis Children’s Home & School
Located on 12 acres in the village of Awudome-Avenui, approximately 10 miles outside the city of Ho, Volta Region.
The grounds will have 10 Structures:
- Pope Francis School- classrooms for grades Pre-K through 9th. It will include a Library and Computer Lab.
- Dormitory (2)- (single level) each will include 4 bedrooms, plus a children’s nursery,
staffed by nurses.
- Dining Hall– will also serve as a meeting room, study hall, Admin. Offices, Infirmary
- Kitchen – interior western design, plus outdoor Ghanaian setup.
- Staff Housing –a home for the Sisters of Mary.
- Volunteer Cottage- to house up to 8 visiting volunteers.
- St. Francis Chapel– seating for 150, PFCHS is a Formation community. Mass will be offered daily.
- Gazebo (summer hut)-30 ft. in diameter
- Security Wall- concrete 9ft. with decorative fencing
- Also on the grounds will be a playground, Mother Teresa Peace Garden, Athletic fields (soccer, volleyball, basketball) and farm.
$ 1,500,000 Capital Building Campaign
THREE Building Phases—each will take 6 months:
- Basic infrastructure (water, grading, partial security wall) Kitchen, Gazebo, 2 Dormitories, Pope Francis School. ($750,000)
- Sisters’ House, dining hall, additional infrastructure, complete security wall. ($375,000)
- Francis Chapel, Volunteer Cottage. ($375,000)